Last updated: 24 May 2018
Welcome to the Avesoro Resources’ privacy notice.
Avesoro Resources Inc. (“Avesoro”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Avesoro collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to our newsletter or attend an event.
Avesoro is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
The term “personal data” as used in this privacy notice shall mean any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to you.
What personal data do we collect?
We use different methods to collect personal data from and about you including:
· Personal data you give us. You may give us your personal data including name and contact details, by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you subscribe to our mailing list; apply for jobs using this website, request marketing to be sent to you, or give us some feedback.
· Personal data we collect. As you interact with our site, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
We do not sell or rent this information to third parties.
How do we process personal data?
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To manage our relationship with you which will include notifying you about changes to our terms or privacy notice
- To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
- To deliver relevant website content to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the content we serve to you
- To use data analytics to improve our website, marketing, relationships and experiences
Sharing your personal data
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in this policy:
- A member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries for the purposes identified in this Privacy Notice;
- Our professional advisors such as auditors, accountants and lawyers, etc.; and
- Companies that provide services to help us with our business activities.
We will only transfer your personal data to trusted third parties who provide sufficient guarantees in respect of the technical and organisational security measures governing the processing to be carried out and who can demonstrate a commitment to compliance with those measures.
We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Avesoro or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its shareholders will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, any request from law enforcement or governmental organisations, or satisfy any requirement of any regulatory authority or body of competent jurisdiction or the rules of any listing authority or stock exchange to which Avesoro is subject, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Avesoro or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or if you provided us with your details when you registered for and/or attended an event or signed up for our mailing list and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. We will generally ask for your consent to receive marketing communications in line with the applicable law when you first provide your personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will store your personal data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the personal data is processed. We use your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically and reasonably feasible to remove it. Otherwise, we will seek to delete your personal data within a reasonable timeframe upon request.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
- Request access to your personal data. You may have the right to request access to any personal data we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the personal data, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal data has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal data will be stored, the source of the personal data, and the existence of any automated decision making.
- Request correction of your personal data. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal data we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. You may have the right to request that personal data held about you is deleted.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data. You may have the right to request transfer of personal data directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the site, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personal data. The computers/servers in which we store personal data are kept in a secure environment.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
This site may contain links to other sites maintained by third parties. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personal data.
Our Privacy notice may change from time to time and all updates will be posted on this page. If you feel that we are not abiding by this privacy notice, please contact us using our CONTACT page.